- Car seats
About Kids Car Seat Group 2-3
Your child is growing and getting bigger. But a bigger child also needs to be properly secured in the car. To ensure that your child travels safely and also comfortably, you need a seat that is the right size and has the right belt guide. Your child's pelvis is still very small and the belt could slip into the abdominal area, so it is recommended that your child up to a height of 150 cm sits in a car seat with a backrest and belt guides.
What to look for when buying a group 2/3 car seat?
- Make sure the seat has good side bolsters. This ensures that your child is optimally protected even in the event of a side impact.
- The 3-point car seat belt should run over the shoulder and at the pelvis through the belt guide. This prevents the belt from slipping.
- Since the car seat is in use for about 8 years and your child's proportions are constantly changing, the seat should be adjustable in height and adaptable in width.
- The child seat should be marked with the ECE R44/04 standard.
- be careful if you want to remove the backrest! Most child seats are only approved as complete seats. Find out whether the child seat is still permitted when dismantled.
- Your child must be at least 150 cm tall or 12 years old before they can travel without a car seat or booster seat.
- Do not use the group 2/3 car seat for longer than 9-10 years.
Even if it is cold outside, do not put your child in the car seat with a jacket on so that the belt routing is not impaired. You can put the jacket or a small blanket over your child.